New Jump Swing Omega Blend
Equal parts macadamia nut oil and hemp seed oil
1/2 part Rice Bran Oil
All organic, cold pressed, hexane free.
Current CDC recommendations for 2/3 of Americans is 1,500 mg. of salt per day 1 gram of sodium/day = 1 teaspoons/day of salt)
2/3 of a teaspoon of salt or less/day
Whenever possible, revisions to ones ethnic foods should be made so that the transition to vegetarianism and Veganism becomes easier for both the individual and the people that they live with.Calculating Your BMI And how to determine if you're at a healthy weight
Body-mass index (BMI) is a good indicator of whether you are at a healthy weight. It does not however, take into consideration fat to muscle ratio.
It is still used by insurance companies, the US Social Security Administration as well as medical facilities.
The US National Library of Medicine says
BMI is calculated by
1-multiplying your weight in pounds by 703,
2-and dividing that number by your height in inches.
3-Then divide the result again by your height in inches.
The agency offers the following ranges for interpreting BMI:
* A score below 18.5 indicates being underweight.
* Between 18.5 and 24.9 means a healthy body weight.
* Between 25 and 29.9 means you are overweight.
* Between 30 and 39.9 indicates obesity.
* A score of 40 or higher indicates morbid obesity.Using the glycemic index
Using the glycemic index is easy: choose foods in the low GI category instead of those in the high GI category (see below), and go easy on those in between.
- Low glycemic index (GI of 55 or less): Most fruits and vegetables, beans, minimally processed grains, pasta, low-fat dairy foods, and nuts.
- Moderate glycemic index (GI 56 to 69): White and sweet potatoes, corn, white rice, couscous, breakfast cereals such as Cream of Wheat and Mini Wheats.
- High glycemic index (GI of 70 or higher): White bread, rice cakes, most crackers, bagels, cakes, doughnuts, croissants, most packaged breakfast cereals.
You can see the values for 100 commons foods and get links to more at
Any foods within this nutritional program that are allergenic to the individual or proscribed for religious or philosophical reasons should be avoided. The FDA's food allergen awareness programs currently targets eight common foods that cause serious allergic reactions, including milk, fish, eggs, tree nuts, wheat, legumes (particularly peanuts and soybeans), crustaceans (such as shrimp and lobster), and mollusks (including mussels, clams, and oysters).
The Most Common Food Allergies
The new guidelines appear in the March 2006 issue of the Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology.
Food allergies occur when a sensitive person eats, inhales, or comes into contact with even tiny amounts of foods or food additives. These allergic reactions can be very mild or may be life-threatening.
Food allergies are becoming more and more common. There has been an increase in severe food allergy cases in the last 10 years, mostly driven by peanut and tree nut allergies.
In children, the most common food allergies are:
- Cow's milk
- Hen's eggs
- Tree nuts
In children, the foods most likely to cause severe allergic reactions -- anaphylaxis -- are peanuts, other legumes, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, milk, and eggs.
In adults, the most common food allergies are:
- Tree nuts
- Crustaceans (such as shrimp, crabs, and lobster)
- Mollusks (such as clams, oysters, and mussels)
In adults, the foods most likely to cause anaphylaxis are peanuts, tree nuts, fish, and shellfish.
Symptoms tend to occur just after eating. They may include reddening of the skin, hives, itchy skin, swollen lips or eyelids, tightness of the throat, wheezing, difficulty breathing, coughing, vomiting, or diarrhea.
Fruits and Vegetables least and most likely to be high in pesticides
Apples, Celery, Cherries, Grapes, Nectarines, Peaches Pears, Potatoes, Raspberries, Spinach, Strawberries, Sweet Bell Peppers
Asparagus, Avocados, Bananas, Broccoli, Cauliflower Corn, Kiwi, Mangoes, Onions, Papayas, Peas, Pineapples
Guideline to Food Labeling
The USDA green and white Organic Seal means
- Ingredients were grown without synthetic herbicides and pesticides
- Not genetically engineered nor irradiated
- Not fertilized with sewage sludge
Organic packaged foods have three classifications
- 100% Organic-ALL of the ingredients in the food must be organic
- Organic-95% must be organic with the remaining 5% coming from an approved list
- Made with Organic ingredients-70% organic with the remaining 30% from an approved list.List developed by the National Organic Standards Board
- CALORIE FREE - Less than five calories per serving
- LOW CALORIE - 40 calories or less per serving
- LITE OR LIGHT - 1/3 fewer calories or 50% less fat than normal of that particular food
- LIGHT IN SODIUM - 50% less sodium than the norm
- FAT FREE - Less than ½ gram of fat per serving
- LOWFAT - 3 Grams or less fat per serving
- CHOLESTEROL FREE - Less than 2 mg. of cholesterol and 2 or less grams of saturated fat per serving
- LOW CHOLESTEROL - 20 mg. or less of cholesterol and 2 or less grams of saturated fat per serving
- SODIUM FREE - Less than 5 mg. of sodium per serving
- VERY LOW SODIUM - 35 mg. or less sodium per serving
- LOW SODIUM - 140 mg. or less sodium per serving
- HIGH FIBER - 5 grams or more fiber per serving
Some of the problematic bacteria you want to protect your family from include:
E. coli. This bacterium, found mainly in ground beef, causes an estimated 25,000 cases of food poisoning in the United States each year and kills about 100 people. Some people infected with E. coli suffer permanent kidney damage. Contamination occurs during meat processing, when E. coli from the animals’ intestines becomes mixed in with the meat. E. coli contamination has prompted massive recalls of millions of pounds of ground meat.
Salmonella. This bacterium is found mostly in meat and eggs. But it spreads to other foods, such as ice cream and fruit, when they are shipped with contaminated meat or eggs.A study in the New England Journal of Medicine in 2001 showed how alarmingly prevalent it is: 20% of 200 samples of ground chicken, beef, turkey, and pork contained salmonella. Of particular concern, 84% of the salmonella samples were resistant to at least one antibiotic, and 53% to at least three antibiotics. This means that when animals carry salmonella — and when people get salmonella food poisoning — it’s more difficult to cure than it was in years past.
Campylobacter. This bacterium is especially common in poultry. Antibiotic-resistant strains are becoming more prevalent because of the widespread use of antibiotics in chicken feed. In a 2001 report in the New England Journal of Medicine, 17% of chickens sampled in supermarkets in four states had Campylobacter strains that were resistant to antibiotics.
Handling food safely
You can prevent most cases of food poisoning in your household by preparing and storing your foods safely. These precautions will help kill germs that are present in the meat and eggs you buy and help you avoid introducing new bugs to your food at home.
Rinse foods. Rinsing can wash off some germs from meat, poultry, and fish and pesticide residues from produce. Rinse all meat, poultry, and fish under running water before cooking.
Rinse all fruits and vegetables under running water before cooking or serving them.Wash your hands. Frequent handwashing helps prevent you from passing germs from one food to another. Use soap and water to wash your hands each time you handle a raw food. Don’t wipe your hands on a dishtowel without washing them first.Use separate utensils.
Don’t prepare meat and fish on the same surface that you use for other foods — otherwise, you risk contaminating those foods with bacteria from the meat and fish.
Use one cutting board for meats and fish and a second one for produce. Be sure to wash the cutting boards with soap and water after each use. Use different knives to cut different foods to prevent cross-contamination.
Cooking. Cook all meat, poultry, eggs, and freshwater fish. Don’t rely on color alone to indicate whether meat is fully cooked. The USDA recommends that everyone use a meat thermometer. Different temperatures are required to kill off germs in different kinds of meat. It’s also important to cook hot dogs and other precooked meats and fish, to destroy bacteria that may have contaminated them in the processing plants.Use a meat or "instant-read" thermometer to ensure accuracy.
Here are some target temperatures in degrees from the American Dietetic Association:
Ground meat products: 160, or until the inside is no longer pink and juices run clear
* Steak: medium rare: 145
* Steak: medium: 160
* Steak: well done: 170
Poultry thighs, breasts, or wings: 170, or until juices run clear
Grill meat until it is cooked, but not charred—some studies have suggested that possible cancer-causing compounds (called heterocyclic aromatic amines) are formed when meat is charred. Scrape off any charred areas before you eat the barbecued meat.
Storing. Don’t leave any foods, before or after cooking, at room temperature for more than two hours (one hour if the air temperature is above 90° F). Put them in the refrigerator or freezer. The temperature inside your refrigerator should be 40° F or below; your freezer should be at 0° F or below. If you have large amounts of leftovers, divide them into small batches when you put them away in the refrigerator or freezer. That way, the temperature of each batch will reach a safe level faster. Keep in mind that freezing does not necessarily kill bacteria; wash meats and poultry thoroughly after thawing, and handle them the same as you would fresh meats.
Health is your greatest Wealth
Mind and Body Fitness Program for the 21st Century
Currently this program is available through lecture by Donald Thomas